Leeds United tied up their first January signing on Thursday, finalising a deal for Real Madrid goalkeeper Kiko Casilla to bolster Marcelo Bielsa's squad.
The Whites have lost three of their last four Championship games though, and Bielsa may be in the market for more additions this month – especially in midfielder.
Lewis Baker's loan from Chelsea was cut short, and Samu Saiz has moved on to Getafe in Spain, leaving Leeds a little short in midfielder.
France Football now report that Leeds want Dijon midfielder Mehdi Abeid, but for any fans that aren't too familiar with the attacker, here are five facts about him...
1. Abeid, 26, started out in the youth ranks of French side Lens, but moved on at te age of just 18 without making a first-team appearance.
2. Abeid joined up with Newcastle United, but managed just 13 Premier League appearances during a purple patch in the 2014-15 season.
3. The midfielder was loaned to St Johnstone and Panathinaikos for experience, but then joined the latter permanently, boasting a strong goalscoring record in Greece with 14 goals in 73 games for Panathinaikos.
4. In 2016, Abeid moved on to Dijon, and he has impressed again this term with three goals in 16 Ligue 1 games – but with his contract expiring this coming summer, he looks set for a move away, possibly back to England.
5. Abeid was a regular for France across various youth levels, but switch his allegiance to Algeria in 2015, picking up three caps to date.
Have something to tell us about this article?