Celtic are reportedly keen on striker Vakoun Issouf Bayo.
Celtic are in the market for new strikers in January, and whilst Paris Saint-Germain's Timothy Weah appears to be Glasgow-bound, another name has emerged.
On Sunday, the Daily Star reported that Celtic have lodged a £1.75million bid for Dunajska Streda striker Vakoun Issouf Bayo, in the hope of luring him to Parkhead.
Bayo is a relative unknown outside of Slovakia and his native Ivory Coast, so here are five facts for Celtic fans to learn about the player Brendan Rodgers may well sign in January...
1. Bayo came up through the ranks of Stade d'Abidjan FC in his native Ivory Coast, the same club who produced Ivorian internationals like Lacina Traore, Serey Die and Ibrahima Bakayoko.
2. Bayo's first big move came when he headed to Tunisia with Etoile du Sahel in 2015, but he failed to score a single goal for them as he struggled for playing time.
3. The 21-year-old's main success has come in Slovakia with Dunajska Streda, as he has smashed 18 goals and seven assists so far this season.
4. His campaign hasn't been completely brilliant though. Bayo is currently serving a ban for an elbow on an opponent during a game against MSK Zilina earlier this month, and due to the dates of the Slovakian season, wouldn't play a league game again until February.
5. Unsurprisingly as an Ivorian striker, Bayo's hero is Didier Drogba, and told Tavkim that the ex-Chelsea ace is even trying to facilitate a move to Galatasaray for him – meaning Celtic may need to move quickly.
Have something to tell us about this article?