Sunderland are reportedly preparing an improved offer for Eisa.

Cheltenham Town manager Gary Johnson was tight lipped when talking to the Gloucestershire Echo about the future of attacker Mo Eisa, who is the subject of interest from Sunderland.

Eisa, 24, was the subject of £1million bids from Sunderland and Peterborough United earlier this month, and now Jack Ross’ side are preparing another bid with Cheltenham valuing their star man at £1.5million.

The attacker was in sensational form for the Robins last season, scoring 25 goals in 50 league and cup appearances last season, as well as creating nine assists as Johnson’s men staved off the threat of relegation.

Speaking on Eisa’s future, Johnson said he would have to “shoot you” if he divulged any more information over talks regarding the attacker’s next move, but did state that talks were ongoing.

“There are always things going on and I can’t go into any details right now, as you would expect,” Johnson said.

“We do things for the right reasons and if I tell you any more I’d have to shoot you. He is not injured and that’s all I can tell you at the minute.  There is loads of speculation out there and at the moment we are just looking after him.”

Sunderland are reportedly set to make another offer in the coming days for the Sudan-born attacker, as he is renowned as one of the hottest properties in League Two.

Former St. Mirren manager Ross has brought an influx of new talent to the Stadium of Light this summer following the club’s relegation from the Championship, bringing in Dylan McGeouch and Jon McLaughlin from the Scottish Premiership.

Chris Maguire, Reece James, Tom Flanagan and Alim Ozturk have also joined the club, as they remain light in attack. Eisa could change that.

In other news, Report: Everton player called 'top-class' by Klopp expected to start on Sunday