Fulham have been dealt a blow in their pursuit of Werder Bremen defender Ludwig Augustinsson, with the German club's sporting director dismissing claims the player will pitch up at Craven Cottage ahead of next season.
The Mirror reported a few days ago that the London side had been linked with a move for the 24-year-old, who is currently in Russia representing Sweden at the World Cup, but Frank Baumann has told Kicker that he is going nowhere.
Baumann said: "Ludwig and the club have made it clear that nothing has changed and nothing will change."
Augustinsson made 29 appearances in the Bundesliga last season and 33 in all competitions. He started Sweden's first game at the World Cup against South Korea on Monday, and despite Baumann's comments, the Cottagers will be keeping a close eye on him for the next game against Germany.
The left-back has impressed since joining Bremen in 2017 from Copenhagen, and could be ready to make the step up to the Premier League with a move to Fulham.
Matt Target looks unlikely to join the club following his loan spell last season from Southampton, meaning Fulham have been eyeing up alternatives.
Have something to tell us about this article?