The votes are in and have all been counted.
'We love winning this competition because it is our employee-partners who decide which firm is the Best Place to Work in the Financial Markets. At Jefferies it is all about our team working together to do what is best for our clients. That is the only way we know to build a firm that we can be proud of', said Rich Handler and Brian Friedman, CEO & President, respectively, of the soon to be renamed Jefferies Financial Group, Inc.
The momentum has continued in the last 2 years as Jefferies net revenues have increased 48% across Investment Banking, Equities and Fixed Income and net earnings have grown significantly. This has helped drive the stock of parent company Leucadia up 66% during this period.
In a world where a number of banks have been retrenching, Jefferies has continued to build and expand its investment banking business globally. Since the beginning of 2017, the firm has hired 40 additional Managing Directors in investment banking.
In Europe, Investment Banking revenues have almost tripled since 2010, and the firm’s momentum is strong, in the last 12 months advising on significant transactions, including:
- Acting as exclusive financial adviser to Advanced Accelerator Applications on its £3.9 billion sale to Novartis.
- Underwriting as joint lead arranger the $2.6 billion credit facility backing the take-private acquisition of Paysafe by CVC Capital Partners and The Blackstone Group, and actIng as an M&A adviser to CVC and Blackstone on the acquisition.
- Acting as sole bookrunner in raising £506 million of common stock for Tritax Big Box REIT.
- Acting as lead financial adviser to Callcredit on its £1.0 billion sale to TransUnion
Rich Handler often publishes notes to clients and employees, and you can follow him on Twitter and Instagram:
For over 55 years, Jefferies has measured success just one way: We only win when our clients win. What makes this approach so important today is not just our dedication to it, but that these values and character of work have never been more important to our clients.
Jefferies provides insight, expertise and execution to investors, companies and government entities. We offer deep sector expertise across a full range of products and services in investment banking, equities, fixed income and wealth management in the Americas, Europe and the Middle East and Asia.
As what may be the last true, pure-play investment bank in the world, we still pride ourselves on a hands-on approach, lack of bureaucratic process or over-complexity of products, and the dedication of our first team to every client.
- For corporate clients, we are a top M&A and restructuring advisor and underwriter of debt and equity new issues
- Serving institutional investors and high-net-worth individuals, we are a leading provider of trade execution and liquidity in equity, convertible and high yield securities and a market maker of fixed income products
- Jefferies also offers top-tier wealth management, prime services and securities finance
- The firm has an award-winning research practice, covering equity, high yield and convertible securities.
Most of all, we never forget that what will distinguish us is not our range of capabilities, but one simple commitment:
Clients first, always.
Have something to tell us about this article?