Report: Everton considering both Diego Simeone and Luis Enrique

Farhad Moshiri, Everton owner is seen prior to the Premier League match between Everton and Watford at Goodison Park on November 5, 2017 in Liverpool, England.

Everton are set to replace Sam Allardyce at the end of the season.

Farhad Moshiri, Everton owner is seen prior to the Premier League match between Everton and Watford at Goodison Park on November 5, 2017 in Liverpool, England.

According to a report in the Daily Star, Everton owner Farhad Moshiri is still ambitious about who he wants to take over at Goodison Park.

Everton are said to be preparing to let Sam Allardyce go at the end of the season, after he has failed to impress during his time in charge so far.

Allardyce was brought in to replace Ronald Koeman, but he has not sparked a big enough improvement to suggest he is right for the Toffees over the long-term.

Sam Allardyce, Manager of Everton during the Premier League match between Everton and Huddersfield Town at Goodison Park on December 2, 2017 in Liverpool, England.

Everton have been too defensive, and their struggles have continued, which has encouraged Moshiri to look elsewhere according to the Star.

Paolo Fonseca of Shakhtar Donetsk is currently the favourite to take over, but Moshiri is said to have even more ambitious plans.

Both Atletico Madrid manager Diego Simeone and ex-Barcelona boss Luis Enrique have been spoken about as potential Allardyce replacements at Everton.

Atletico Madrid's coach from Argentina Diego Simeone gives a press conference in Baku on October 17, 2017 on the eve of the UEFA Champions League Group C football match between Qarabag FK...

If Everton could land either it would be a move to highlight their ambition for the years ahead, but complications exist.

Simeone is set to guide Atleti into the Champions League this season, while Enrique is demanding big wages.

Have something to tell us about this article?

Register for EVERTON team updates

Register for HITC Sport - Daily Dispatch