The midfielder is reportedly set to join Crystal Palace on loan.
Crystal Palace are determined to bolster their resources as they look to avoid relegation from the Premier League and one player who could join the club is Erdal Rakip.
As reported by The Daily Mail, Rakip is set to join Palace on loan from Benfica until the end of the season.
Here are five facts that you need to know about Rakip.
1) Rakip only joined Benfica this month, signing a contract that runs until 2022, but the Portuguese club are set to loan him out so that he can gain valuable experience.
2) The 21-year-old progressed through the youth ranks at Malmo before establishing himself in the first-team and making over 100 senior appearances.
3) Born in Malmo, Rakip is a Sweden U21 international, although he is also eligible to represent Macedonia and Turkey owing to his heritage.
4) Rakip scored nine goals in 30 appearances as he helped Malmo to win the Swedish league title last season - the fourth occasion that he won the division.
5) Known for his physical strength, Rakip is also an impressive dribbler and should be a useful addition to Roy Hodgson's squad.