The Egyptian defender has been linked with a move to West Bromwich Albion.
West Bromwich Albion are reportedly interested in signing Zamalek defender Ali Gabr on loan this month.
With Jonny Evans continuing to be linked away from the club amidst interest from Manchester City and Arsenal, West Brom are assessing their options and are considering bringing in Gabr on a temporary basis with a view to a permanent move, as reported by the Daily Mail.
Here are five facts about Gabr.
1) Gabr has been capped by Egypt on 18 occasions and has frequently partnered West Brom's Ahmed Hegazi at the heart of the defence.
2) The 31-year-old has won several trophies during his time at Zamalek - he lifted the Egytian Premier League title in 2015 and has also won the Egypt Cup on two occasions.
3) Having been a youth player for Ismaily SC, Gabr made the switch to Al Ittihad Alexandria in 2012 prior to moving on to sign for Zamalek two years later.
4) Gabr helped Egypt to reach the final of the Africa Cup of Nations in 2017, although they were beaten in the final by Cameroon.
5) In 2016, Gabr was part of the Zamalek side that got to the final of the African Champions League, where they lost to Mamelodi Sundowns.