The Atletico Madrid manager is said to be Everton's number one target to succeed Ronald Koeman
Simeone, the Atletico Madrid manager, is said to be Everton's number one target to succeed Ronald Koeman - albeit an ambitious one.
The Argentine is regarded as one of Europe's top bosses, having led Atleti to league, cup and Europa League titles, as well as two Champions League finals, after initial success back in his home country.
As such, Simeone was described as "untouchable" by Enrique Cerezo, the Atleti president, last week (Sky Sports).
And according to Balague, Everton should not expect the 47-year-old's arrival on Merseyside any time soon.
"He did say that he has heard about it," said the Sky Sports Spanish football expert. "But he said quite clearly that Atletico will have to put up with him for two more years, because his future is linked with the club."
Everton remain without a permanent manager nearly a month after the sacking of Koeman.
The former England boss Sam Allardyce, who had previously denied any contact with Everton, ruled himself out of the running earlier this week, telling Talksport that discussions with the club "never materialised as I thought (they) would".
An approach for Watford's manager Marco Silva is said to have failed in the meantime, leaving Under-23s boss David Unsworth in temporary charge for Saturday's trip to Crystal Palace.