Quick links

Newcastle United

Newcastle United transfer round up: Magpies to complete Kenedy deal and are willing to offer £16.5m for Praet

Kenedy of Chelsea  FC runs with the ball during a Chelsea FC International Champions Cup training session at National Stadium on July 24, 2017 in Singapore.

A round-up of the latest Newcastle United transfer stories.

Chelsea's Brazilian striker Kenedy passes the ball during the English Premier League football match between Chelsea and West Bromwich Albion at Stamford Bridge in London on January 13,...Chelsea winger Kenedy

Newcastle United will complete the loan signing of Chelsea winger Kenedy this week, The Sun reports in its printed edition on Wednesday (page 51).

The Brazilian's move had been held up while the Blues chased reinforcements, but Toon boss Rafa Benitez is said to be 'confident' of making Kenedy his seventh summer signing.

Elsewhere, Newcastle are willing to offer £16.5 million for Sampdoria midfielder Dennis Praet, although the Italian side are holding out for £1.9 million more, Het Nieuwsblad reports.

Dennis Praet (Sampdoria) in action  during the Serie A match between UC Sampdoria and Benevento Calcio at Stadio Luigi Ferraris on August 20, 2017 in Genoa, Italy.Sampdoria midfielder Dennis Praet

According to La Derniere Heure, the Belgian midfielder was scouted by Everton at the weekend, and meeting Sampdoria's alleged asking price is unlikely to be a problem for the Toffees, should they opt to pursue their interest.

The Guardian reports that Newcastle have also discussed a move for Barcelona forward Munir El Haddadi, with Crystal Palace another club said to be keen.

But according to The Daily Mirror, Munir isn't the Magpies' only striker target, with Burnley's Ashley Barnes also on Benitez's radar.

Ashley Barnes of Burnley celebrates scoring his sides third goal during the Premier League match between Burnley and Crystal Palace at Turf Moor on November 5, 2016 in Burnley, England.Burnley striker Ashley Barnes

It is claimed the Clarets will listen to offers for the former Austria Under-20 international, who scored six Premier League goals last season.

And finally, De Telegraaf reports that Newcastle midfielder Siem de Jong could be set for a return to former club Ajax, having turned down a £2 million move to Reading.

Have something to tell us about this article?

Register for NEWCASTLE UNITED team updates

Register for HITC Sport - Daily Dispatch