A round-up of Tuesday’s Newcastle United transfer stories.
Galatasaray’s Papa Alioune ‘Badou’ N’Diaye and Trabzonspor’s Yusuf Yazıcı, both midfielders, are the pair in question – although the former, a rumoured target for the Magpies earlier this summer, has only recently switched clubs.
Contrary to recent reports, Newcastle have not bid for Sampdoria’s Dennis Praet – another midfielder – according to Calciomercato.
The Magpies are said to have made offers ranging from £12.8 million to £17.4 million depending on the source, but the Italian website claims La Samp do not want to sell the Belgian, who has a £22.9 million release clause.
The Rossoblu are said to be hopeful of pulling off a deal for the former Palermo player, and the report would appear to tie in with Benitez’s comments to The Shields Gazette on Tuesday.
“I think we are closer (to moving players out) than two days ago,” said the Toon boss. “But I still do not know how close. We are still working on players behind the scenes.”
Lazaar played only four times for Newcastle in the league last season.