Leeds United have clinched a surprise deal for former Liverpool youngster Madger Gomes.
The Whites confirmed the move on their official website, and he will link up with the under-23 squad.
Here are five facts about the new signing...
1) Despite his full name, Madger Antonio Gomes Aju, not sounding typically Spanish, he is a Spanish citizen born in Alicante and has represented Spain's youth sides at Under-16, Under-17s and Under-18 level in recent seasons. He is eligible to play senior football for Guinea-Bissau.
2) He was signed on deadline day from Villarreal by Liverpool in 2014 although was released this summer without making an appearance for their first team. Former Reds scout David Vicainzo had previously told Marca he expected Gomes to make Liverpool's side.
3) The 20-year-old is a left-footed attacking-midfielder and his idols in the game include Cristiano Ronaldo, Luis Figo and Ronaldinho. If he turns out anything like that trio then Leeds have an absolute gem on their hands.
4) Before signing for Liverpool he had made an appearance in a Spanish second division match for Villarreal B.
5) Last season was a difficult one for Gomes. He struggled for starts for Liverpool's under-23 side and was overshadowed by younger prospects Harry Wilson and Sheyi Ojo.