DCUO players, if you are part of a league, you are definitely in for a treat here. Lots of new features for you to enjoy!
If you are part of a League in DC Universe Online (DCUO), then we have some very exciting information for you all. Game Update 39 (GU39) will feature not only the new League Halls, but the league system will be completely overhauled with many new features.
League Halls can be created at certain consoles located in each wing of the Watchtower and Hall of Doom. Several League Permissions such as "Can Spend Prestige" (a new set of marks) and "League Hall Admin" are required to do this, to make changes or additions to the League Halls.
Environment Type is one of the first things you will encounter during creation. "While many Environments are planned for the future, the first available Environment to be released with GU39 is Lunar. Hence, all League Halls will initially be built on the Moon," say the devs. The moon sounds pretty awesome.
You will then have the option to chose Terrain. This will give you the option to chose a landscape to build your League Hall on and will determine your view from the Observation Room. The current available options are: Sea and Crater.
The final option is the ability to choose a specific location to select. The devs say that "each location has a Prestige cost for both the initial League Hall creation, as well as relocating the League Hall to that location." As stated on the official forum, here are some of the locations:
- Sea of Clouds
- Sea of Crises
- Sea of Islands
- Sea of Serenity
- Sea of Showers
- Sea of Tranquility
- Copernicus Crater
- Grimaldi Crater
- Kepler Crater
- Plato Crater
- Stevinus Crater
- Tycho Crater
League Halls may be accessed in one of two ways:
- Teleporters located in each wing of the Watchtower and Hall of Doom
- Teleporter Amenities within personal bases, assuming you have one of the Generator Mods that add League Halls as a destination
The League Hall also comes with many built-in features. Only Statuaries must be unlocked to use at all.
- Statuaries - Statues of League members based on selected rankings
- Power Core - Powers Proficiencies, bonuses that apply to the entire league
- League Bank - Bank space shared by the entire League
- Donation Box - Allows you to exchange items for Prestige
- R&D Station
- Sparring Targets (of which many are spread out as individuals, but there are also two groups of three together)
- Awesome view of the Earth from the moon
Sounds pretty great, right? We will continue to keep you updated.
Have something to tell us about this article?