The Gunners suffered a blow with the news this week that Theo Walcott will be out for at least six months but what could reported target Alexandre Lacazette offer the North Londoners in their title chase?
1) Lacazette is 22 years of age and has already made the step up to senior level with the France national team, so far making two appearances both in 2013 after impressing at every youth level over the last 7 years.
2) The youngster has been with Ligue 1 outfit Olympique Lyon since the age of 12 and has so far spent his entire career in the city he was born in in 1991.
3) He wears the shirt number 10 for Lyon and is considered a striker but Lacazette can also function as a wide-forward, something which the Gunners will likely be in need of without Theo Walcott.
4) So far this season, the forward has scored 9 goals and made two assists in Ligue 1 for Lyon as well as one goal in the Coupe de la Ligue and two goals in the Coupe de la France.
5) He has already trebled his goal tally in Ligue 1 last term – in 2012/13 Lacazette managed three goals and nine assists in 31 appearances, as well as one goal in the Europa League.
6) The youngster is valued around £7.5 million with his contract running until the summer of 2016.
7) As a youngster, he was compared to former Lyon, Barcelona, Monaco and Brazil striker Sonny Anderson by a number of coaches who worked with him
8) Lacazette has only one honour at club level – the 2011/12 Coupe de France title and at international level he won the UEFA European U19 Championships with France scoring the winning goal in the final of the competition against Spain.
9) He has scored a total of 21 goals for Lyon since his first appearances in the 2009/10 season.
10) He is 5ft9” tall and is known for his high pace, dribbling and dynamism.
image: © korobukkuru
Have something to tell us about this article?