He polished his resume with one goal, two goal shots, one cleared shot and much movement on the right side which brought a lot of trouble to Dortmund’s defence.
But for the 21-year-old it was just another day at the office.
His rapid improvement hasn’t gone unnoticed. The Mirror reported that Arsenal and Liverpool are looking into signing Kevin Volland.
As we reported the German under-21 international “could be available for around £12m, despite being under contract until 2017. But if every goal adds value – and every goal against one of the best clubs in Europe adds even more – Volland may have just increased his asking-price” with his solid performance against last year's Champions League runners-up in Borussia Dortmund.
One might argue that Jurgen Klopp’s side battles through some injuries and haven’t played like they used to. But still they are this year’s Champions League group winner and Kevin Volland did a great job against them.
1) It is now or never, because Volland may reach a Marco Reus or Julian Draxler type of transfer fee soon considering that his estimated market value has been rising ever since the beginning of his professional career.
2) The Bavarian born boy scored seven goals in 15 games and has three assists this Bundesliga season. However his performance had a peak in late August and early September, where he recorded four goals in four games.
3) His recent record for the German team is even a little bit better netting four in his last four games in the under-21 side and recording 21 goals in 44 games in his whole international career.
4) While a forward, Volland's best position is on the right wing, similar to the position Theo Walcott plays for Arsenal.
5) You could never rule out the possibility that a move to London or Liverpool is too early for him. But Volland is a longtime captain for the German under-21 national team and his father is a former ice hockey international. Arsene Wenger and Brendan Rodger could therefore assume that Volland got the surrounding and the parenting for move to Premier League.@@TAG3@@
image: © tjuel
Have something to tell us about this article?