Many sources have picked up on the apparent interest in Atletico Paranaense attacker Mosquito this morning.
Reports in Brazil suggest he is a target for both Manchester United and Juventus - with a fee in the region of £4 million being mooted.
But what can we tell you about him?
Here are five facts about the wonderfully named starlet…
1) He made his first real impact in the under-15 South American championships in 2011 - scoring 11 goals in seven games as they won the title.
2) The 17-year-old was one of the stars for Brazil at the recent FIFA Under-17 World Cup. He bagged four goals at the competition, including a hat-trick in the opening game 6-1 triumph over Slovakia.
3) Mosquito has been involved in a messy transfer saga for the past year or so. Originally at Vasco da Gama he upped and left suddenly in January amid claims of failed payments and other behind the scenes issues. He joined Atletico ten months later but the fall-out continues - with his current club receiving a ban from youth level competitions.
4) His agent is Gustavo Arribas. You may not recognise that name, but he is an associate of Pini Zahavi - one of the world’s most infamous football agents who represent the likes of Willian, Carlos Tevez and Joao Moutinho. However, despite plenty of reports to the contrary he is not involved with Kia Joorabchian.
5) OK … we all know the fact you really want to know - why is he dubbed ‘Mosquito’. The attacker, real name Thiago Rodrigues da Silva, says that the reason behind his nickname is simple - he has long legs and is very fast.
Check him out in action below, wearing the number nine shirt...
image: © jonnyr1
Have something to tell us about this article?