Tottenham's under-21 side are odds on to win the competition's Elite Group stage, after a win over Arsenal put them eight points clear at the top.
The winning goal in the 1-0 victory was not scored by the usual suspects, Tom Carroll, Shaquile Coulthirst, or Cristian Ceballos, but another young prospect, Nabil Bentaleb.
We thought it would be the ideal opportunity to run the rule over the talent who could one day become a star for the club.
Here are five facts about Nabil Bentaleb...
1) Bentaleb is an 18-year-old attacker who also likes to play as a central playmaker or left-winger.
2) He is a France under-19 international who is also eligible to play for Algeria.
3) Bentaleb has scored four times for Tottenham's under-21 side this season, making three assists, and also featured for the under-19s.
4) Formerly in Lille's academy, he was released at 15, and signed with Belgian side Mouscron. He had a trial at Birmingham before impressing Spurs enough to sign him up.
5) He has caught the eye of manager Andre Villas-Boas, who included him in the 20-man traveling squad for the Europa League knockout game away to Lyon earlier this year.
Do you see him as a potential first team star?
image: © firepower23
Have something to tell us about this article?