The 20-year-old left-back is a hot talent in Ligue 1 and is reportedly a hot property for English clubs. What can we tell you about him ?
As the transfer window picks up momentum another player who has been linked with a move to the Premier League has been AS Nancy left-back Massadio Haidara. The 20-year-old left-back has been an ever present in the side this campaign and the clubs vice-president Nicolas Holveck was not playing hard to get on the issue when speaking about him recently:
"Today we are in contact with five English clubs in the first half of the table. We think a dealshould be finalised soon. Massadio Haidara is our greatest asset. He's been playing in Ligue 1 for two seasons now and would like to play in England."
So a reported five clubs are interested in bringing him to the Premier League which suggests he has something about him. So what can we tell you about Massadio Haidara?
1. Haidara started his career at Versailles 78 staying at the club for two years from 2004-2006.
2. In 2006 he left the club to sign for AC Boulogne-Billancourt where again he remained for two seasons.
3. In 2008 he signed for AS Nancy at the age of 15 and quickly became a rising star of the clubs youth system.
4. He made his debut for the club in 2010 before signing a professional contract in January 2011.
5. He cemented his place in the starting line-up toward the end of last season and is now a regular on the left-side of the sides defence.
6. He was named as one of the ‘’best hopes’’ for the 2012-13 season by a French football magazine.
7. He has represented France at under 19-level on four occasions and made his debut for the under-21’s in 2012.
8. He is however eligible to play for Senegal through his parental heritage.
10. As well as playing at left-back he is also equally adept at playing on the left-hand side of midfield.
Here are some highlights from a brilliant display against Lille earlier in the season …
Would you like your club to bring in Haidara?
image: © korobukkuru
Have something to tell us about this article?