If it is, it will be a huge bonus for Spurs. But what do we know about him?
Here are five facts about the young prospect...
1) Ryan Mason is an attacking midfielder with an eye for goal; four seasons ago he scored a phenomenal 29 goals in 31 games for Tottenham's academy team.
2) He was born in Enfield, North London, less than a 15 minutes drive - traffic permitting - away from White Hart Lane.
3) Mason has been on three loan spells away from the club, first at Yeovil, where he scored six goals, followed by Doncaster Rovers and Millwall, where his spell last season was cut short by injury.
4) He is an England youth international, making four appearances for the under-19s, scoring past Slovakia, and was called into the under-20 squad last February.
5) He is not to be confused with WWE wrestler Mason Ryan, who stands at 6 foot 5, compared to Ryan Mason's slight frame of 5 ft 9.
He has been quick to praise Andre Villas-Boas for giving him a chance unlike predecessor Harry Redknapp, telling the Evening Standard: "The way Villas-Boas does things is a lot different to Redknapp, I’ve been training with the first team for the last few weeks and that wasn’t the case under Redknapp. I was out on loan a lot and when I was back I didn’t get a chance to show what I can do. It was a bit disappointing because I was a senior member of the development squad and I wasn’t getting a chance. Hopefully things will change and I will get an opportunity to show what I can do. I’m confident I will do well.”
You can follow him on Twitter at @Ryan_Mason13
What do you think, will Ryan Mason continue to get chances and have a breakout year?
image: © tonypeters