Arsenal have been heavily linked with signing the French midfielder. What can we tell you about him?
M'Vila was reported to be a target for Arsene Wenger last August, and the rumours have resurfaced, and a move looks likely this summer for the Frenchman. The question is, will his destination be Arsenal? Here are five facts you should know about him...
1) Yann M'Vila is the son of a professional footballer, Jean-Elvis M'Vila, who hailed from the Republic of Congo, later settling in France, while Yann has a younger brother Yohan M'Vila who plays for Ligue 2 club Dijon.
2) M'Vila is still only 21, turning 22 in June, and is a full French international with 18 caps, a regular pick for manager Laurent Blanc.
3) He is a tough tackling yet creative central midfieler, who can play the holding role in front of the defence. Passing is one of his strong points, and while he likes to shoot from distance he is yet to score a league goal this season. However last season he did score a direct free-kick.
4) He currently plays for Rennes, seventh in Ligue 1, and has made almost 100 appearances for them. He has a contract until 2015, and the club would demand upwards of £16 million for his services.
5) M'Vila has played at Wembley once already, featuring for France in their 2-1 win in the game which saw Andy Carroll and Jordan Henderson make their debuts for England. Unlike the Liverpool pair, M'Vila is likely to line up at Euro 2012 when the sides clash this summer.
Should Arsenal go all out to sign M'Vila? How much should they be prepared to pay?
image: © korobukkuru