Warburg Pincus, a leading global private equity firm focused on growth investing, has named nine professionals as new Managing Directors – the promotion of seven principals and the hiring of two new professionals.
These individuals work in various offices around the world in the areas of Capital Markets, Consumer, Industrial and Services (CIS), Energy, Fundraising / Investor Relations, Real Estate and Technology, Media and Telecommunications (TMT).
• Simon Begg – Capital Markets, London
• Paul Best – Consumer, Industrial and Services (CIS), London
• Joe Gagnon – Real Estate, Hong Kong
• Vishnu Menon – Technology, Media and Telecommunications (TMT), San Francisco
• Nitin Nayar – Technology, Media and Telecommunications (TMT), Mumbai
• Yue Zhiming – Fundraising/Investor Relations, Hong Kong
• Dan Zamlong – Consumer, Industrial and Services (CIS), New York
New to the firm
• Mazin Al Khatib – Fundraising/Investor Relations, London, who joined Warburg Pincus from Investcorp Bank where he was a Managing Director and Head of the United Arab Emirates, Saudi and Levant Placement and Relationship Teams
• Somit Varma – Energy, New York, who joined Warburg Pincus from the International Finance Corporation where he was the Global Head of the Natural Resources Group with a focus on emerging markets
‘We are fortunate to have these outstanding professionals contributing to the firm’s continued growth and development around the world’, said Charles R. Kaye, Co-President. ‘It is their unique combination of sector and regional knowledge, along with years of valuable investment experience that enables Warburg Pincus to be an experienced partner to entreprenuers and management teams and an exceptional partner to investors’.
Joseph P. Landy, Co-President added, ‘We also are pleased to welcome two new additions to the firm in Mazin and Somit, who each bring years of experience and invaluable expertise in their respective fields. In the end, it is our people who are vital to the success of our business model and culture and are critical to differentiating Warburg Pincus globally’.