1. Shock - You just didn’t see it coming (after all, aren't you indispensible ?)
2. Denial - There must be some kind of mistake. They couldn't have meant me.
3. Anger - My manager should have done more to prevent it
4. Relief - It's finally over. Fear of being laid-off is often worse than the reality of it
5. Stress / Worry - How will I ever get another job in this market ?
6. Bruised ego - Don't worry, you'll soon get over it
7. Depression - The reality of being out a job hits home (especially when you are sat AT home)
8. Guilt - Letting down your partner, not being able to provide for your family
9. Revengeful - Always dangerous. Attempts at revenge usually end in tears.
10. Hatred - Towards the company and top management
11. Jealousy - Why have other colleagues kept their jobs ?
But don't forget being overjoyed - especially if you've managed to get another job with more money and better prospects - and you're going to get an exit package too!
Have something to tell us about this article?