Here's 11 facts about UBS that UBS employees already know.
1. The first Chairman of the Board of Directors was Karl Stehlin-Merian (from 1872 until 1881)
2. UBS is a combination of at least 28 predecessor banks
3. The bank traces its heritage back to 1852
4. As a consequence of the Great Depression in 1933, UBS had to reduce its capital from $124m to $99.2m, because its activities and its balance sheet had shrunk considerably
5. The average yearly salary of a UBS employee in 1939 (excluding management) was $7,459.
6. 1962 - UBS celebrates its 100th anniversary and establishes the Jubilee Foundation for cultural purposes
7. At the end of 1962, UBS becomes - for the first time - the largest bank in Switzerland. Its assets amount to $8,65bn
8. 1975 - UBS opens its Branch on Wall Street
9. 1976 - Renée Wolf is the first woman to be made a member of the management team
10. In 1979 UBS is rated for the first time by Moody's and S&P and receives the highest possible rating from both of them
11. 1983 - UBS installs its first PC
Sources: UBS website, Wikipedia
Have something to tell us about this article?