Here’s 11 facts about Wolverhampton Wanderers that Wolves fans already know.
1. Wolves became founder members of the Football League in 1888, and finishing 3rd in the inaugural season as well as reaching the FA Cup final (where they lost 3-0 to the Preston North End).
2. Derek Parkin has made the most appearances with 609 between 1968 / 1982.
3. The highest Attendance recorded for Wolves was 61,315, when they played Liverpool in the FA Cup 4th round on 11th February 1939.
4. In the all-time table since the league’s inception in 1888, Wolves sit in the all-time top four, behind only Manchester United, Liverpool and Arsenal in terms of league position.
5. The leading Goalscorer for Wolves is Steve Bull, with 306 goals from 1986 to 1999. Bull also holds the Wolves record for the most hatricks scored – 18 from1986.
6. Wolves were the first club to score to 7000 League goals – Wolves achieved this when Seol Ki-Hyeon scored in the 1-1 draw at Crystal Palace on 10 December, 2006.
7. Joe Butcher still holds the record for the most goals scored in a single game. He scored 5 against Accrington in 1892.
8. Wolves are the eighth most successful club, behind Chelsea, with 13 major trophy wins.
9. Wolves remain the only club to have won all top national cups – the FA CUP (1893, 1908, 1949, 1960), the Football League Club (1974 and 1980), and Football League Trophy in 1988.
10. Jimmy Mullen was the club’s youngest player, when he made his debut against Leeds United in Division 1 on 18 February 1939. He was 16 years 43 days .
11. The highest transfer fee the club received was £6 million – from Coventry City for Robbie Keane in August 1999.