Here's another gem unearthed by Dealbreaker - an e-mail allegedly sent to first year students at the Columbia Business School.
Subject: [IBC] Personal hygiene
Dear 1st Year Members,
It has come to our attention (through complaints from IBC board representing firms they are going to full time) that some of you may not have followed personal hygiene basics during recruiting events. We understand that it is an incredibly intense recruiting period, and is very hard to find time for yourself, but this is a friendly reminder on some dress code and personal hygiene basics:
• Brush your teeth regularly, or have a mint/mouth refreshers before going to recruiting events (avoid chewing gums)
• Carry anti-perspirant with you if you are worried about sweating. Don’t wear too much cologne/perfume
• Carry a sewing mini-toolkit, in case your suit hems need an emergency sewing
• Professional haircuts
• No backpacks with you
• Men - no tacky cufflinks or watches (with no crazy patterns, silver is preferable to gold)
• Women - wear (preferably skin colored) hosiery and always carry an extra pair in your bag
• Women - if it rains, do not show up in rain boots, no matter how cute you think they are
And again, if you have ANY concerns, please do not hesitate to share with the IBC Board!'
Source - dealbreaker.com
Have something to tell us about this article?