Barclays Capital retained its banking category title at The 2010 Standard Chartered Great City Race last week, beating 60 other teams from the industry in impressive style. The team posted a combined time of 1hr 5mins 20sec and were amongst a field of nearly 6,500 runners in the 5km challenge which took place through the closed-off streets of the Square Mile. Seeing is Believing (SiB), the global initiative which helps tackle avoidable blindness across the globe, was once again proud to be the race's official community partner.
Commenting on the evening, Denise Lewis, the former Olympic heptathlon gold medallist, said: 'This is the first time I've been to The Standard Chartered Great City Race to witness what a unique spectacle it is and to have the opportunity to encourage City workers to get out from behind their desks and get fit. From the moment the 6,500 runners started to arrive right through to the race itself, there has been a fantastic buzz and collective team spirit here at the HAC'.
Richard Holmes, CEO Europe at Standard Chartered Bank, added: 'It has been a truly memorable evening and yet another landmark year for The Standard Chartered Great City Race with all 6,500 entries being snapped up within 8 weeks of opening. I'm sure I speak for not just our staff members but also every runner here today when I say how proud I am to get behind an event which has the ability to bring the City community together whilst raising money for a range of worthy causes'.
Top 3 Firms - Banking
1. Barclays Capital
2. Standard Chartered
Top 10 Male Runners
1. Phil Wicks - 00:14:07 (Legal & General)
2. Toby Lambert - 00:15:02 (adidas UK)
3. James Mcmullan - 00:15:12 (KPMG1)
4. Nick Anderson - 00:15:39 (adidas UK)
5. David Peters - 00:15:51 (Barclays Capital)
6. David Alcock - 00:15:53 (Unilever 2004 Employee Benefit Trust)
7. Mark Bruce - 00:15:55 (ICAP)
8. Stuart Major - 00:15:57 (Legal & General)
9. Gareth Price - 00:15:58 (Precise Media)
10. Graham Robinson - 00:16:03 (Punter Southall)
Top 10 Female runners
25. Emily Adams - 00:17:03 (Punter Southall)
51. Jenny Lundgren - 00:17:51 (Standard Chartered Bank)
56. Sam Amend - 00:17:56 (Symantec)
72. Charlotte Carritt - 00:18:10 (Liberty Mutual Insurance Europe Ltd)
82. Deya Rivera Luna - 00:18:19 (JPMorgan)
86. Anna Critchlow - 00:18:25 (Career Legal)
136. Karen Ellison - 00:18:51 (Reed Smith)
137. Sally Onn - 00:18:52 (Lloyd's)
140. Jennifer Harley - 00:18:54 (Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer)
175. Phoebe Thomas - 00:19:08 (adidas UK)
A full list of team and individual results can be found at the race website www.cityrace.co.uk. All results are provisional and subject to ratification.
Have something to tell us about this article?