Here's a quick note of some of the more sensible New Year predictions we have received from readers.
1. Goldman Sachs to go private
2. John Mack to step down as Chairman of Morgan Stanley
3. Bernie Madoff to die in prison
4. Vikram Pandit to resign as CEO of Citi
5. John Thain to make a big comeback
6. UBS to significantly scale back its investment banking operations (again)
7. Societe Generale and BNP Paribas to finally merge, with most of the job cuts coming outside France
8. Hedge fund guru John Paulson to take a bath on his investments in gold
9. Galleon Group hedge fund founder Raj Rajaratnam to be found not guilty of insider trading
10. European and US equity markets will rise by a further 20%
If you have any other predictions for 2010, please send them in by e-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Have something to tell us about this article?