Here's a fun quiz to get your teeth into before things get busy again. The answers are below.
1. What is Bernie Madoff's middle name ?
2. Goldman CEO Lloyd Blankfein was once turned down for a job at the firm. True or false ?
3. What is the significance of the number 8 as it relates to HSBC ?
4. Alan Greenspan is the longest-serving Chairman of the US Federal Reserve. True or false ?
5. Bear Stearns was founded in 1823, 1903, or 1923 ?
6. Former US Treasury Secretary Hank Paulson is a big environmentalist and an avid bird watcher. True or false ?
7. Who won out against John Mack in a power struggle at Morgan Stanley in 2001.
8. Former AIG CEO Hank Greenberg and ex-Bear Stearns CEO 'Ace' Greenberg are brothers. True or false ?
9. Name the M&A firm where deal-making legend Bruce Wasserstein first made his name.
10. Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway has laid-off 21,000 staff, or 8.6% of the total, this year. True or false ?
1. Lawrence 2. True 3. A pair of bronze lions have guarded the main entrance outside HSBC's Hong Kong HQ since 1935. The base of each lion contains eight coins, symbolising the good fortune associated with the number eight in Chinese culture. 4. False. The longest-serving Fed Chairman was William McChesney Martin, who served from 1951 to 1970. 5. 1923 6. True 7. Philip Purcell 8. False 9. First Boston Corp. 10. True
Have something to tell us about this article?