Goldman Sachs topped the US tech M&A league table in 2005, as the firm was involved in many of the largest deals in this sector during the year, including the $11bn sale of SunGuard Data Systems, Oracle's purchase of Siebel Systems and Adobe System's acquisition of Macromedia. Here's the Top 10:
1. Goldman Sachs - $32.4bn deal value, 29 deals
2. Morgan Stanley - $30.9bn, 22
3. Citigroup - $26.7bn, 23
4. Deutsche Bank - $22.3bn, 15
5. CSFB - $18.7bn, 28
6. JP Morgan - $15.5bn, 15
7. Lehman Brothers - $13.7bn, 20
8. Lazard - $12.5bn, 10
9. Bear Stearns - $11.2bn, 13
10. Stephens Inc. - $7bn, 6
UBS drops out of the Top 10.
Source - Thomson Financial
Have something to tell us about this article?