West Ham United striker Jordan Hugill has told the Hammers' official website that he is doing extra training in order to catch David Moyes' eye.
The 25-year-old striker is yet to start for the east Londoners after completing an £8million move to the London Stadium in January, coming on as a substitute twice and clocking up only 12 minutes of Premier League action.
He is behind Javier Hernandez in the pecking order, as the pocket-sized Mexican has rediscovered his shooting boots with three goals in his last four games for Moyes' side.
The former Preston target man has stated that he is doing extra training in order to prove to Moyes that he is capable of starting in claret and blue, with Andy Carroll sidelined until the end of the season.
“Everyone’s been really good to me, the players, staff, everybody. The lads have made it much easier for me to settle in because they’re a good group," Hugill said.
“I’m doing bits after training just to get myself prepared and ready for when I’m needed. When I get the call I’ll be ready for it.”
West Ham are next in action against Liverpool on February 24, after being knocked out of the FA Cup by League One side Wigan Athletic last month.
Moyes could decide to hand Hugill a start against Jurgen Klopp's side, with the Reds boasting powerful defenders Virgil van Dijk and Dejan Lovren at the back who are renowned for their aerial prowess and power.