Club chief speaks out on claims Everton target Jankto has £6m release clause

Jakub Jankto of Udinese Calcio celebrates after scoring  his teams fourth goal  during the Serie A match between Udinese Calcio and US Citta di Palermo at Stadio Friuli on March 19, 2017...

Everton and Arsenal have been linked to Jakub Jankto.

Jakub Jankto of Udinese Calcio celebrates after scoring  his teams fourth goal  during the Serie A match between Udinese Calcio and US Citta di Palermo at Stadio Friuli on March 19, 2017...

Udinese sporting director Franco Collavino has denied midfielder Jakub Jankto has a £6 million release clause.

Jankto has been linked to both Arsenal and Everton [via The Star and many others in England and Italy].

The Czech Republic midfielder is just 21-years-old and is attracting interest from Serie A clubs too.

The Mirror had reported earlier this year that Jankto had a £6 million release clause in his contract.

Jakub Jankto of the Czech Republic in action during the International Friendly match between Belgium and Czech Republic at Stade Roi Baudouis on June 5, 2017 in Brussels, Belgium.

Collavino insists these claims are inaccurate and has sought to set the record straight.

He told Tuttomercatoweb: "I can assure you that there is no 'Jankto clause' in place. The player has recently signed a contract for the next five years with Udinese and there is no termination clause.

"That said, we can not but be happy and proud of the fact that one of our young footballer, a talent that Udinese has played a decisive role in bringing to light, can arouse the interest of big clubs."

He went onto praise the player for keeping focused, and criticised the ongoing speculation surrounding his star man.

A big offer may give Udinese a tough decision to make, but certainly it sounds like they do not have to worry about losing him on the cheap.

Register for EVERTON team updates

Register for HITC Sport - Daily Dispatch