Here's a simple guide that will enable you to calculate your 2017 bonus. It works every time.
There are 7 easy steps:
1. Take your 2016 bonus and double it.
2. Reduce the number by half as your boss is under pressure to cut the team bonus pool.
3. Times that figure by two, as you hit all your personal targets this year
4. Subtract 50% because your firm will is concerned about the lack of front office revenues.
5. Double that figure as your boss promised you a bumper bonus for this year to make up for stiffing you in 2016.
6. Subtract another 50% as your firm is worried about the PR impact of bankers receiving large pay-outs when Main Street is having to deal with a reduction in real incomes.
7. Take away the number you first started with.
Congratulations, you now have your 2017 bonus number!