Reported West Ham target Keita Balde Diao posts message after being omitted from Lazio friendly

Lazio's Balde Diao Keita reacts

The player is said to have been the subject of a successful bid from West Ham United but does his future lie in Italy?

West Ham United target Keita Balde Diao has reacted on Twitter after his current club Lazio opted not to pick him for their friendly against Triestina and it seems he is not too happy with his omission.

The tweet comes just a day after Goal.com in Italy claimed West Ham have had a £27.5million offer accepted for the exciting winger, with the player set to decide whether or not to move to the London Stadium this summer.

Lazio's Balde Diao Keita reacts

"Writing on social media on Wednesday afternoon the 22-year-old said, "I am here! Always ready to prove my worth and my professionalism. But now the company has decided not to play me."

It could be a sign that Lazio are not prepared to risk the player with a summer departure on the cards; although West Ham fans should note that it has previously been suggested the player favours a stay in Italy and, according to Il Messaggero, he turned down a move to Everton earlier this summer after the Toffees had a £26million bid of their own accepted.

That said, with a contract that expires in just 12 months Balde's future is surely away from his current club, and if West Ham can convince him to head to London it will be a huge coup for the Hammers' hierarchy.

West Ham may have struggled for much of the transfer window to date, yet it seems they are kicking into gear at just the right time.

Register for HITC Sport - Daily Dispatch