The votes are in and have been counted.
Rich Handler, Chairman/CEO of Jefferies, and Brian Friedman, Chairman of Jefferies' Executive Committee, said: 'Our people at Jefferies give 100 percent effort every single day to serve our clients. They are the ones responsible for making Jefferies the best place to work in the global financial markets for these past 8 years and it is our privilege to work at their firm'.
In the latest 12 months, Jefferies has experienced strong and accelerating momentum in its global business. Net revenues increased over 33% with Investment Banking, Equities and Fixed Income businesses hitting on all cylinders, and net earnings climbing significantly. This has helped drive the stock of parent company Leucadia up 71% in the last 12 months.
We believe Jefferies is the only global investment banking firm that has been consistently expanding its business around the world. Since the beginning of 2016, the firm has hired 32 managing directors globally, including 15 business heads in key industry sectors and products.
In Europe, Investment Banking revenues have tripled since 2010 and current momentum is strong, including advising on important and recent strategic transactions, including:
- lead advisor to Lonza Group AG on its $5.5 billion purchase of Capsugel S.A.
- sole advisor to HarbourVest on its $1 billion acquisition of SVG’s investment portfolio
- sole advisor to Avast on its $1.4 billion acquisition of AVG
- lead advisor to Blackstone on its $1.9 billion sale of its 80% stake in WindMW
Rich Handler often publishes notes to clients and employees, and you can follow him on Twitter and Instagram:
For over 50 years, Jefferies has measured success just one way: We only win when our clients win. What makes this approach so important today is not just our dedication to it, but that these values and character of work have never been more important to our clients.
Jefferies provides insight, expertise and execution to investors, companies and government entities. We offer deep sector expertise across a full range of products and services in investment banking, equities, fixed income and wealth management in the Americas, Europe and the Middle East and Asia.
As what may be the last true, pure-play investment bank in the world, we still pride ourselves on a hands-on approach, lack of bureaucratic process or over-complexity of products, and the dedication of our first team to every client.
- For corporate clients, we are a top M&A and restructuring advisor and underwriter of debt and equity new issues
- Serving institutional investors and high-net-worth individuals, we are a leading provider of trade execution and liquidity in equity, convertible and high yield securities and a market maker of fixed income products
- Jefferies also offers top-tier wealth management, prime services and securities finance
- The firm has an award-winning research practice, covering equity, high yield and convertible securities.
Most of all, we never forget that what will distinguish us is not our range of capabilities, but one simple commitment:
Clients first, always.