The Leeds United teenager is set to be on the bench against Reading tonight.
Leeds United take on Reading in the Championship this evening and go into the fixture looking for a win after their recent loss to Brighton and Hove Albion.
Reading will be looking to keep up their own promotion charge and Leeds will know this is a tough task against their Berkshire opponents.
Revie Stand, Elland Road. Leeds United v Accrington Stanley, League Cup 2014
But it has not stopped Leeds United boss Garry Monk handing an opportunity to a talented young player this evening – as Mallik Wilks will be on the bench against Reading.
So what is known about the player?
Here are five facts on Mallik Wilks…
1) The striker is from Leeds and is just 17-years-old. This comes as an early birthday present for the forward, who is turning 18 in just three days.
2) The striker is full of pace and is a direct option with an eye for goal.
General view inside the stadium before the game - Elland Road
3) He recently impressed in the Youth Cup for Leeds, scoring twice as Leeds were knocked out by Hull City in the clash.
4) He first came to the attention of Leeds fans when he scored four goals in a 9-2 romp against QPR in an under-18 match in September 2015.
5) In September Monk was asked about Wilks, telling the Yorkshire Evening Post:
"He's not a player for me to discuss right now.
“We are very focused on the group that we have (first team).”
Now it seems he has worked his way into the plans of the Leeds boss.