Aston Villa had been linked with the Brighton & Hove Albion midfielder.
A report in the Sun this month claimed that Kayal was a target for new Villa boss Steve Bruce in January, with his contract due to expire at the end of the campaign.
The Villans' subsequent appointment of Brighton assistant Colin Calderwood as their number two set tongues wagging once more, however, the Israeli has since committed his future to the Amex Stadium club, extending his deal until 2019.
"I wanted to stay here ever since the first meeting a few months ago," Kayal told Brighton's official website. "I always said that once everything was sorted I’d be happy to sign a new contract.
"I want to stay for the long term and hopefully we can achieve our goal. This club has a lot of potential going forwards and I want to play a big part and help my teammates out when I get back.
"There was always going to be speculation about my future because I was coming to the end of my contract here, but when you sign a contract you need to be happy and feel 100 per cent sure in what you want to do with your future."
Bruce's apparent interest in Kayal stretches back to his time as Hull City boss, according to the Sun, but the 56-year-old will have to switch targets now it seems.
Villa have been linked with several midfielders since Bruce's October arrival, with Crystal Palace's Jordon Mutch the latest name said to be in the frame (Scottish Sun).
Brighton are currently 14 places and 13 points ahead of the Villans after Friday's 1-1 draw between the two teams.