The former Foxes star believes losing Mahrez would not be a disaster.
Former Leicester City hero Gerry Taggart has told BBC Radio 5 Live's Monday Breakfast Club that Riyad Mahrez has lost interest in playing for the club and that the Foxes should "snap the hand off" anyone offering around £50 million for the star.
Mahrez was perhaps the most exciting player in Claudio Ranieri's team of stars that won an unprecedented Premier League title last season.
The Algerian scored 17 goals and added 11 assists in 37 league appearances for the Midlands side last term, and was named as the PFA Players' Player of the Year award.
That form has seen his stock soar, and this summer he has been widely linked with a move to clubs such as Arsenal, who were reported at the end of last week to have made a bid ultimately worth around £42 million for the 25-year-old.
There has been no sign of Leicester rebuffing that approach, but after Mahrez looked a shadow of the player he was last season in the shock opening-day defeat to newly-promote Hull - despite scoring a penalty - Taggart believes the Foxes should consider a sale if they can bump the price up further.
Taggart told 5 Live: "Mahrez wasn't at the races on Saturday, there's no doubt about that. There were little flicks from him here and there let's say, but as a whole, pretty disappointing.
"I don't think his heart's in it if I'm being honest with you and if someone's going to offer you £50 million in this day for a player like Mahrez, you snap their hand off."
Whilst losing Mahrez may seem disastrous to Foxes fans, particularly after the exit of integral midfield engine N'Golo Kante to Chelsea, an offer of £50 million for a player who has had just one top-class season in his first-team career may be too good to refuse.