Tottenham ace on free kick duty? This time he scored...
Harry Kane's disastrous set pieces for England this summer were a lasting memory of the Three Lions' farcical displays at Euro 2016.
The Tottenham ace is a prolific goal poacher but he was not thought of as a corner kick or set piece specialist, yet was repeatedly asked to take them by former boss Roy Hodgson.
England's Harry Kane looks dejected
Kane's efforts were wayward and frankly woeful, and the striker was criticised by supporters for his poor attempts.
So it was a surprise to see Kane taking on a 'Goals Recreated' challenge for BT Sport, in a video published over the weekend - which asked him to replicate Gazza's famous 1991 free-kick for Tottenham Hotspur.
To make matters worse Kane even scored the goal at the second attempt, unlike any of his strikes for England against Iceland from set pieces.
BT published the video across their social media channels and on Facebook in particular there was a big backlash against the striker, with supporters feeling he was rubbing salt in the wounds of England fans.
Here is a look at some of the reaction to Harry Kane's challenge...
- Tony Davys: 6 weeks too late. Players are world beaters in training buts it's on the field where it matters and in the euros, he went MISSING!
- Mark Robinson: How many corner flags were injured in the making of this video?
- Darren Thomson: Same as all England players turn up for adverts & promotions to big themselves up and earn money but can't deliver when their country needs them
- Alexander Egner: No way in hell he did that in 2 attempts... Euros said it all
- Connor Wall: Side foot place. Not the same as gazzas laces rocket.... seen you in the euros and when it counts you were found lacking.
- Max Norman: Would love to see him recreate his free kick from the euros.
- Adam Mahmood: Tbh I think is should be illegal for Kane to even practise free kicks after what he did in the euros
- Simon Hosie: Shame you can't do that for your country # NO PRIDE
England's Harry Kane