Forestieri has apologised after refusing to play in Sheffield Wednesday's draw against Norwich City on Saturday.
Forestieri (below), who was Wednesday's top scorer last season and struck the winner in their opening weekend win over Aston Villa, had earlier issued an apology through social media after refusing to travel with the squad for Saturday's draw at Norwich City.
Carvalhal told Sky Sports after the match the Italian had also tried to pull out of the Villa game, only to be coaxed into playing by club captain Glenn Loovens.
Since that win, Forestieri has been linked with moves to Derby County and Newcastle United (Sheffield Star), though in his statement the player reiterated a desire to remain at Hillsborough.
And though Carvalhal refused to comment on the reasons behind the 26-year-old's withdrawal, for which Forestieri conceded there was "no excuse", he did confirm a fine has been issued.
Sheffield Wednesday's Jack Hunt in action against Norwich City
"Of course (he has been fined)," the Portuguese told BBC Radio Sheffield. "Discipline is to everybody (that works in the club). Not just the chef or the kit man, it’s to the players, it’s the coaches, it’s to everybody. This is normal."
Wednesday travel to Burton Albion on Tuesday, though Carvalhal would not say whether or not Forestieri, who the 50-year-old says has also apologised to his teammates, would feature at the Pirelli Stadium.
Sheffield Wednesday players celebrate Forestieri's winner against Villa