Paul Dummett predicts more arrivals at Newcastle United

Newcastle United manager Rafael Benitez

Paul Dummett predicts more signings for Newcastle.

Newcastle United manager Rafael Benitez

Paul Dummett has told The Chronicle that he expects Newcastle United to sign more players before the transfer window closes this month.

Newcastle boss Rafael Benitez has been very busy this summer and has brought in eight players so far - including the £10 million signing of striker Dwight Gayle.

Of course, Benitez has also lost key figures in the form of Georginio Wijnaldum and Andros Townsend, while linked-away winger Moussa Sissoko is also expected to leave before the window shuts on August 31.

Aston Villa's Alan Hutton in action with Newcastle's Paul Dummett

Nevertheless, Newcastle, who lost their Championship opener at Fulham 1-0 on Friday, still boast a very capable squad, but is it enough to win Premier League promotion?

The 24-year-old left-back believes "more good players" could be joining up with the Magpies over the next 20 days as the promotion favourites look to maximise their chances of securing an immediate return to the top flight.

Paul Dummett celebrates after scoring the third goal for Newcastle

He told the Chronicle: “Teams are going to come to us knowing it’s one of their biggest games of the season so we have to be ready for that.

“We have good players here and I am sure we will sign more good players as well."

Newcastle host Huddersfield Town on Saturday as United look to open their account in the Championship by picking up the first of what fans will hope to be many victories.

Newcastle United manager Rafael Benitez speaks to players

Register for HITC Sport - Daily Dispatch