A round-up of transfer news involving Liverpool Football Club this Monday evening.
Luacs has been linked with a move away for much of the transfer window with Galatasaray being mentioned on several occasions, but the Liverpool Echo reported last week that a move away for Lucas will not be sanctioned by the club unless there is sufficient defensive cover in the eyes of Reds' boss Jurgen Klopp.
Sampdoria are said to have contacted the player's agent but Lucas's wage demands may be a bit too steep for the club to afford as they are looking to bolster their midfield options.
Chievo are the latest club to be linked with Reds forward Mario Balotelli, with Gazzetta World saying the club's president Luca Campedelli has met with his agent Mino Raiola with a view to signing the out of favour striker.
Campedelli thinks Balotelli has 'matured' and the move could benefit both parties while the report suggests the Italian wants to take some time before making a final decision.
His agent Eris Kismet said: “We are waiting for any news but at this moment there is nothing concrete. There are several teams interested in signing him so hopefully we can reach a resolution soon.”
Away from transfers, midfielder Emre Can has said the side must target silverware in the season ahead after losing out in two cup finals last season.
The German also seems positive about the signings the club have made this summer, telling the official club website: “I am very excited [for the new season]. Everyone is a good player, everyone we have bought is good and they have showed that in pre-season, and we did as well against Barcelona.
“If you play for a club like Liverpool, it’s such a big club, then it’s always a target to win silverware and that has to be our target this year.”