Tottenham's Kieran Trippier
Tottenham Hotspur defender Kieran Trippier has told the Daily Mail that he won't be leaving the club this summer, despite speculation surrounding a move to Southampton.
Trippier, 25, joined Spurs from Burnley last summer, offering Mauricio Pochettino the cover he wanted for first-choice right back Kyle Walker.
Trippier started just five Premier League games last season but was a regular in the Europa League, and was a dependable player when called upon, whilst also pushing Walker to have his best season in a Spurs shirt.
A highly-rated full back, Trippier looks set to be Tottenham's second-choice right back again this season, despite speculation linking him with a move to a Premier League rival.
The Daily Star reported earlier this week that, having missed out on Trippier last summer, Southampton were preparing a new move to sign the right back, with a £5m fee involved.
Trippier then started for Spurs as they lost 2-1 to Juventus in Australia on Tuesday morning, with Walker still resting up having played for England at Euro 2016.
Trippier has now been asked about his future, and told the Daily Mail that he hasn't heard anything about any interest from Southampton, and is focusing on Spurs' trip to Australia.
Trippier added that he's looking forward to the new season - especially given that Tottenham are back in the Champions League - and isn't even considering leaving White Hart Lane this summer.
"I have not heard anything," said Trippier. "I have been in Australia so I don’t know where all this came from. It has certainly not come from me. I’ve been down here just focusing on training and playing. I’m looking forward to the new season with Tottenham and playing in the Champions League. I am really happy at the club. We have great lads, a great manager and great staff all around the place and I am not thinking of leaving."
Would you like to see Trippier stay at Tottenham?