A round-up of the latest transfer news and more involving Liverpool Football Club this Tuesday.
They have just lost Mario Gomez, who scored 27 goals for them last season, and would like Balotelli to replace him, but his high wage demands are proving to be something of a stumbling block according to that particular report.
One man who has left the club, but only on a temporary basis, is young Brazilian midfielder Allan Rodrigues de Souza who will be spending the season on loan at Bundesliga side Hertha Berlin.
The 19-year-old has been unable to obtain a work permit, although the Liverpool Echo reports that there has been no announcement from the Reds yet even though he has been photographed and videoed in training for the German club.
They report that a lack of first-team opportunities for him at the Bernabeu next season has sparked interest from Premier League clubs for the 23-year-old, with Liverpool interested along with Arsenal.
In the piece, he claimed that Liverpool have had a 40 million Euro (£33.5 million) offer rejected, with Inter Milan also said to be interested in the midfielder.
He told the official Liverpool website: “That’s the target every year – to try and beat your number from last year, but I’ll have to see what happens. Hopefully I can get another chance this year and take it.
“If it’s not here and the manager says I need to go on loan to get first-team football there then I’ll do that.
Finally, the big news that was dominating the headlines this morning was that defender Mamadou Sakho has been sent home from the club's tour of the United States.
Several reports, including one from the Liverpool Echo, suggest that concerns have been raised about the French international's professionalism.