Tottenham Hotspur gave the youngster a chance to impress against Juventus.
Tottenham Hotspur manager Mauricio Pochettino sprung something of a surprise earlier today when he selected Will Miller in his starting line-up for the pre-season friendly against Juventus.
Following his selection here are five facts about the Tottenham youngster:
1) Miller is a versatile player – even more so than we previously thought in fact – and not only can he play as a number 10 but also on either wing, as a central midfielder or as a striker.
2) The youngster has featured 35 times for Tottenham’s under-21s to date, scoring six goals and providing three assists in the process.
3) One of Miller’s most impressive recent performances came for the second string against Sunderland, when he set up two goals in a 3-1 victory and looked a class act from beginning to end. His eye for a pass was evident that evening and he has what it takes to ultimately make it at White Hart Lane.
4) Miller attracted praise from his under-21 coach Ugo Ehiogu at the start of the year, with the former centre-back suggesting the youngster was beginning to put pressure on his fellow under-21 players. Who knew that a few months later he would be starting for the first-team?
5) Miller is an England under-18 international but on this evidence he could be pushing for a step up to the under-21s sooner rather than later.