Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger
Arsene Wenger's Arsenal tenure has been an absolute roller coaster of a ride that has brought unheralded levels of success along with some equally disappointing moments.
The Gunners fan base are very much divided on the merits of whether or not the so-called 'Le Professeur' should be given a contract extension at the Emirates Stadium.
There are those who believe his time as an elite manager has come and gone, and others who say he has made Arsenal what they are today and that he deserves to leave on his own terms.
Whatever happens regarding Wenger's future, the 66-year-old Frenchman has provided us with magnificent entertainment throughout the years.
Here are nine of his most memorable, utterly bizarre, and humorous quotes:
1. "If you eat caviar every day it's difficult to return to sausages." After being booed by some Arsenal fans following their 1-1 draw with Middlesbrough in 1998.
2. "No matter how much money you earn, you can only eat three meals a day and sleep in one bed." In relation to Nicolas Anelka following his move to Real Madrid in the summer of 1999.
3. "Everyone thinks they have the prettiest wife at home." In response to Sir Alex Ferguson's comments that Arsenal were not deserving of the league and cup double in 2002.
4. "He's out of order, disconnected with reality and disrespectful. When you give success to stupid people, it makes them more stupid sometimes and not more intelligent." In response to being called a voyeur by Jose Mourinho in 2005.
Wenger was called a voyeur by Mourinho in 2005
5. "It is a big surprise to me because he cancelled his contract to go abroad. Have you sold Portsmouth to a foreign country?" In response to Sol Campbell's move from Arsenal to Portsmouth in 2006.
Sol Campbell left Arsenal for Portsmouth in 2006
6. "When you're dealing with someone who only has a pair of underpants on, if you take his underpants off, he has nothing left - he's naked. You're better off trying to find him a pair of trousers to complement him rather than change him." Speaking regarding his philosophy. (2007)
7. "It's like you wanting to marry Miss World and she doesn't want you, what can I do about it? I can try to help you, but if she does not want to marry you what can I do?" After Jose Antonio Reyes revealed his desire to leave Arsenal in 2007.
8. "Everybody has a different opinion in this league and nobody is a prophet. I personally don’t know who will win the league. I managed 1,600 games so, if Nani knows, he must be 1,600 times more intelligent than I am." In regards to Nani's claim that Manchester United would win the league in 2010.
Wenger's response to Nani's claim that Manchester United would win the Premier League title was tongue-in-cheek to say the least
And quite possibly the most outrageous of them all...
9. "We were considering Ruud van Nistelrooy and Francis Jeffers and, in the end, we went for Jeffers." Speaking in 2001 about his signing of Francis Jeffers.
Arsenal chose to sign Francis Jeffers ahead of Ruud van Nistelrooy in 2001 according to Wenger
So there you have it. For all of Wenger's faults, and there are plenty of them, he seems to be a very witty man who gives the English press just as much and if not more of his time than any other Premier League manager.
As much as some of Fleet Street's finest like to savage the experienced Frenchman, there will come a time when he eventually leaves Arsenal and a huge void will be left behind. As the only saying goes: "You don't know what you've got until it's gone."