The 21-year-old midfielder believes Villa will be promoted at the first attempt.
Aston Villa midfielder Aaron Tshibola has revealed to the Birmingham Mail that he turned down offers from other clubs to join Villa because he is certain they will win promotion back to the Premier League at the first attempt, with the paper claiming that one of those spurned sides were Villa's local rivals West Bromwich Albion.
Tshibola became Villa's third signing of the summer when he joined in a deal worth a reported £5 million from Championship side Reading last week.
The 21-year-old has already been integrated into Roberto Di Matteo's training camp in Austria, although he arrived too late to play a part in the 8-0 thrashing of GAK Graz on Saturday.
The hotly-tipped midfielder has now revealed that he had no shortage of offers to leave the Madejski Stadium but told the Birmingham Mail that he believes Villa was the right choice for him, particularly as he is highly confident of their immediate promotion back to the top flight.
Tshibola said: "For me it was all about playing football. Other clubs had bids accepted but then I knew it wasn’t the right opportunity for myself.
"When I heard about Villa, at first I thought nah, whatever. Then when I heard that a bid had been accepted, I was over the moon. When I heard of the Villa interest there was only one place I wanted to go.
"It’s a massive club. The ambitions suit my ambitions. They want to go straight back into the Premier League. This was the next step for me in terms of my development. I know that we will get to the Premier League so for me it wasn’t a tough decision. I know this season we will be doing this anyway."
Though not mentioned by Tshibola himself, the Birmingham Mail claims that one of the clubs he rejected in favour of Villa were the Championship side's local Premier League rivals West Bromwich Albion.
Di Matteo is certainly pleased to have got his man, highlighting earlier this week the strengths and attributes that the young star will add to his midfield.