The Spanish football expert has responded to claims the Championship side's takeover has collapsed.
Spanish football expert Guillem Balague has explained the delay in Wolverhampton Wanderers' proposed takeover, having previously said it was 'days' from completion.
The Championship side are said to be the subject of an approach from Chinese billionaire Robin Li, who recently acquired Italian giants AC Milan.
The speculation, though, originated in the Spanish press, with high-profile agents Jorge Mendes and Carlos Bucero allegedly trying to broker a deal (Express & Star).
Super agent Mendes with client Cristiano Ronaldo
Basque head coach Julen Lopetegui has been tipped to take the reins at Molineux should a takeover go through - and according to Balague at least, it will.
"The Wolves takeover negotiations have not collapsed," the Revista De La Liga presenter posted on Twitter. "Documents are being analysed as per usual in these circumstances."
The @OfficialWolves takeover negotiations have not collapsed. Documents are being analysed as per usual in these circumstances— Guillem Balague (@GuillemBalague) 6 July 2016
Wolves' existing boss Kenny Jackett suggested to the Express & Star on Tuesday the ongoing discussions have held up his summer transfer plans.
Wolves boss Jackett
The Black Country club have brought in only one new face so far, with little over four weeks until their season opener against Rotherham United.
Former Manchester United midfielder Nick Powell was linked by the same publication on Wednesday, however, and it is claimed that a deal for the 22-year-old would not be takeover-dependent.
Powell was billed as Paul Scholes' Old Trafford heir