Moussa Sissoko has told the Chronicle that he is not thinking about leaving Newcastle United this summer just yet.
Sissoko has been tipped to leave St. James’ Park this summer, but he remained coy on his future when quizzed.
The powerful midfielder says that he has not made his mind up over whether he will be staying with Newcastle, with his full focus currently on Euro 2016.
“Newcastle relegation is sad but I’ll have time to think about my future after the Euros. I’m not thinking about my club future – that’s sincere,” Sissoko said, when asked whether he would be leaving Newcastle.
Sissoko has helped France reach the semi-finals of Euro 2016, where they will take on Germany on Thursday evening.
Sissoko has played in two of his country’s matches so far, but he is not part of their first-choice starting line-up.
The 26-year-old has previously suggested that he wants to play in the Champions League, so Newcastle may find it hard to convince Sissoko to stay with them when he does return to Tyneside.
Newcastle are under no pressure to sell, however, and it is likely that they will demand a big fee if they are to sell Sissoko.
Sissoko made 39 appearances for the Magpies last season - he scored once and claimed eight assists.