According to a report in the Daily Mail, Ibrox side Glasgow Rangers have taken Serge Atakayi on trial. In this piece we take a look at five key facts about Rangers’ potential new signing.
- Atakayi is still only 17-years-old. He was born in the Democratic Republic of Congo, but represents Finland at international level.
- Atakayi currently plays for FF Jaro, and he has already made five senior appearances, scoring on two occasions.
- Atakayi can play on either wing, and is renowned for his speed and ability in possession.
- The pacy wide-man has already been linked with Premier League champions Leicester City (Daily Mail), and he has also been on trial with Fulham before.
- Atakayi is the youngest player to ever score in the Finnish top flight, after making his debut at 16.
If Atakayi does sign for Rangers, he will become Mark Warburton’s side’s ninth addition of the summer to date, as the Glasgow giants look to bolster their squad for their first season back in the top flight.