Leeds United are reportedly closing in on the signing of Sporting forward Hadi Sacko.
General view inside Elland Road
According to the Yorkshire Evening Post, Leeds are poised to sign Sporting's French forward Hadi Sacko on loan after he travelled on a pre-season tour of Ireland.
The Whites have already had a busy summer, with Garry Monk replacing Steve Evans as the club's manager, and he's already added two new faces to his squad.
Swedish striker Marcus Antonsson has arrived from Kalmar, with defender Kyle Bartley arriving on a season-long loan deal from Swansea City - and he now looks set to add a third new signing.
The Yorkshire Evening Post report that French forward Hadi Sacko is on the verge of signing a loan deal with Leeds, having linked up with the Whites squad on their pre-season tour of Ireland.
Sacko may not be a household name for many Leeds fans, so here are five facts about the player ahead of his move to Elland Road.
1. Sacko, 22, is a forward known for his blistering pace, and he can play out wide or up front, offering Leeds a versatile attacking option if he does sign.
2. Bordeaux were Sacko's first professional club, and after a strong loan spell with Le Havre, where he hit four goals in 18 games, he was snapped up by Portuguese giants Sporting in the summer of 2014.
3. Sacko's move to Sporting saw him sign a huge six-year contract with a €60m release clause, according to Portuguese newspaper Record, but he hasn't lived up to expectations with no first-team appearances, though has hit ten goals in 54 appearances for their B team.
4. The forward spent the second half of last season on loan back in France with Sochaux, scoring twice in 14 games for the Ligue 2 outfit.
5. With 30 appearances for the French national team at youth level, Sacko was long tipped for a bright future - but given that his career has stalled in recent years, he will hope that a move to Leeds can bring more success.
Would you like to see Leeds sign Sacko?